“Cookies” are small text files (composed of letters and numbers) that a website stores on your computer, phone, or any other device with internet access (through your internet browser and only if permission has been given), containing information about your browsing on the website.
These files only retain information related to your preferences, not including, as such, your personal data. We use the term cookies in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Cookies can be divided into two groups concerning the information regarding your visits and personal preferences:
• Permanent Cookies: are stored at the level of your internet browser and are used whenever the user makes a new visit to the website, allowing navigation to be directed to their interests.
• Session Cookies: are temporary and remain stored in your internet browser until you leave the website, serving to analyze traffic patterns and provide an optimized user experience.
For more information about cookies and their use, see: www.allaboutcookies.org
Marina Parque das Nações uses the following types of cookies:
• Essential Cookies: allow you to browse the website using secure areas, such as your customer account pages. Without these cookies, the services requested by you cannot be displayed;
• Analytical Cookies: are used completely anonymously for monitoring and analyzing statistics regarding your use of the website, without ever collecting information of a personal nature;
• Functionality Cookies: are those that keep your preferences as a user regarding the use of the website so that it is not necessary to reconfigure website settings;
• Third-party cookies: are those that allow you to measure the success and effectiveness of third-party applications on our website, such as those used by social networks or external services that provide statistical analysis and performance solutions, namely Google Analytics.
If you want to block or delete cookies from this website, you can do so by modifying your internet browser configuration. For more details on setting cookies, see the “Help” menu of your internet browser.
The personal data collected in this form will be treated, solely and exclusively, within the scope of the execution of the contract you enter into with Marina Parque das Nações (MPN), and its availability is an essential condition for the celebration of the same (the non-availability of personal data will have the consequence of not concluding the contract). MPN will treat data in strict compliance with the legislation applicable to the protection of personal data, implementing the appropriate technical and organizational measures to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data, and in accordance with the following conditions:
• Responsible for the treatment: Marina do Parques das Nações – Sociedade Concessionaria da Marina Parque das Nações, S.A, legal person, taxpayer nº 503657140, with headquarters at Edifício da Capitania, Passeio de Neptuno, 1990-193 Lisbon.
• Data Recipient: Marina Parque das Nações. Without prejudice, personal data may be shared, when appropriate and in accordance with the legislation in force, with entities to whom the data must be communicated by legal imposition (namely Maritime authorities, Customs and Borders Service), and third-party providers that perform services on behalf of MPN (subcontracted entities) by entering a written contract that provides for the compliance with all legal requirements arising from the GDPR.
• Retention of personal data: the personal data collected will be kept only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected or, if longer, for the period determined by the applicable law.
• Data subjects’ rights: as data subjects, you can exercise, at any time, the rights of access, rectification, limitation, opposition and elimination of your personal data, with the limitations provided for in the applicable legislation, upon written request, to be sent electronically to the Person in Charge of Personal Data of MPN, or by post, to the headquarters of Marina Parque das Nações. In case of violation of your rights, you can file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission.
• Person in Charge of Personal Data: you can contact the Person in Charge of MPN at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Who is responsible for collecting and processing the data?
The company Marina do Parques das Nações – Sociedade Concessionaria da Marina Parque das Nações, SA, legal person no. 503657140, headquartered in Edifício da Capitania, Passeio de Neptuno, 1990-193 Lisbon, hereinafter (“MPN”), is responsible for collection and processing of personal data, and may, within the scope of its activity, resort to entities subcontracted by it for the pursuit of the purposes indicated herein.
What is personal data?
“Personal data” is any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
An identifiable person is considered a person who can be identified directly or indirectly, namely by reference to an identification number or to one or more specific elements of their physical, physiological, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
What personal data is collected and processed?
MPN, within the scope of its activity, collects and processes, among others, the following personal data: name, surname, postal code, date of birth, email address, mobile or landline number, gender, address, VAT number, identification document number (Citizen Card or Passport), credit card details and IBAN.
The personal data collected are processed by computer and in strict compliance with the legislation on the protection of personal data, being stored in a database that guarantees its security and confidentiality in accordance with the accepted information technology, technical and organizational measures, to protect from loss, alteration, destruction, misuse in general or that the collected data are used for any purpose other than that for which the data subject gave consent.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter or request more information, you will be presented with a form to collect personal data. If you fill out any of the forms available for the purposes described above, we consider that your conscious, express and unambiguous consent is given for their activation and subsequent use.
MPN assumes that the owner of the data provided the data or that the latter has given the authorization to do so and assumes that they are true and up to date.
How are your personal data collected?
Your personal data can be collected through the following means:
The collected data are processed and stored by computer and in strict compliance with the personal data protection legislation in force – namely the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016) and Law No. 58/2019, of 8 August.
What is the purpose of the data collected?
The purpose of the processing of personal data by MPN consists in the management and processing of requested services (including the processing of orders made through our Online Store) and communication with customers, processing of information requests and complaints, statistical analysis, as well as their use for direct marketing purposes, within this context.
From time to time, MPN may use the contact information provided to render information that deems relevant. The Data Subject is always allowed not to receive this type of information.
When collecting the data, you will be provided with more detailed information about the use we will make of your data. Data is also collected for the exclusive use of MPN’s marketing activities to compile aggregated statistics, metrics, and general trending elements to improve and optimize advertising campaigns and other promotional and analytical purposes.
In summary, the data collected are intended to integrate personal data files that MPN may use for the following purposes:
What is the basis for the processing of your personal data?
The treatments associated with the purposes of items a) Contact list, b) Promotion of events/invitations, e) Advertising and h) Information to customers are based on your consent, as the data subject.
Treatments associated with the purposes c) Suggestions and complaints, d) Registration of entry and exit of vessels from the marina, f) Billing), g) Information to employees, i) Video surveillance and j) Compliance with other legal obligations are based on compliance with legal obligations.
To whom do we transmit your personal data?
As a rule, MPN does not share users’ personal data with third parties with whom it has not established a contractual relationship that provides for the confidential treatment of these data.
MPN may transmit your personal data to third parties provided that, for this purpose, you have unequivocally obtained your consent, as Data Subject, or when:
MPN takes the appropriate measures to ensure that third parties with access to your data are reputable and offer the highest guarantees at this level, which will be duly enshrined and safeguarded in a contract to be signed between MPN and the (s) third party(s).
Thus, any entity subcontracted by MPN will process the personal data collected and processed, in the name and on behalf of MPN, under the obligation to adopt the necessary technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, dissemination or access and against any other form of unlawful processing. In any case, MPN remains responsible for the personal data collected.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The period of time during which your personal data are stored and preserved by MPN varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed and in accordance with the obligations and legal requirements that may apply, and which require you to keep the data for a minimum period of time.
Thus, and whenever there is no specific legal obligation, your personal data will be stored and kept only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes that motivated its collection or subsequent processing, after which it will be eliminated.
We expressly remind you that you can request MPN to delete all your personal data at any time. This request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address of MPN’s headquarters.
What are your rights as the owner of personal data?
MPN guarantees the applicability and compliance with all the rights of the holder of personal data provided for in the RGPD and other applicable legislation in force.
Therefore, we inform you that, as the owner of personal data that has been transmitted to us, you have the right, at any time and without any charge, to request MPN:
You may exercise your rights free of charge unless it is a manifestly unfounded or excessive request, in which case a reasonable fee may be charged, taking into account the costs that may be generated with your request.
We will respond to your requests within a maximum period of 30 days, except for more complex requests.
You can exercise your rights through the following addresses:
However, you have the right to file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission regarding matters related to the processing of your personal data.